Did you know that disposable period products are wreaking havoc on our planet?
Here are some of the starting facts…
● Disposable pads & tampons end up in landfills, where it can take 500-800 years for them to break down.
● Manufacturing disposable period products is a resource-hungry and chemical-intensive process that’s harmful for the environment.
● Over 18 billion disposable period products are thrown away each year.
● Millions of disposable pads & tampons are flushed down the toilet and end up in the ocean.
● For sanitary reasons, disposable pads & tampons aren’t even recyclable.
The average woman throws out more than 14,000 period products in her lifetime—which creates over 330 lbs of plastic waste.
Multiply that waste by 4 billion women in the world, and you can see why disposable products are so incredibly harmful to our environment.
Using reusable pads, on the other hand, is a sustainable practice. They’re made from biodegradable cloth (Bamboo charcoal and organic bamboo). If every woman in the world made this one lifestyle switch, it could take one of the world’s biggest sources of pollution and turn it into a carbon-neutral process.
The question is: do you want to be one of those women who contributes to billions of kilos of waste every year, or one of those women who does the right thing for our planet?